What do we do as a UKCRC Registered Clinical Trials Unit?
As a UK CRC Registered CTU we have an infrastructure and trained staff which enables us to work with research teams and investigators to deliver the highest quality clinical trials. We are involved with studies of human health from set up to close down.
Our main Sponsor institutions are the University of East Anglia (UEA) and the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH).
We have created strong collaborations with Academic Investigators and NHS Trust Consultants locally and nationally.
We work closely with the Research Design Service for East of England (RDS EoE).
Norwich CTU activities:
The clinical studies supported by the Norwich CTU include:
• Clinical Trials of Investigational Medicinal Products
• Clinical Investigations of Medical Devices
• Clinical trials of complex interventions including surgery
• Mechanistic and physiological research studies
• Observational studies
• Qualitative research
Our research is focussed on areas of strength in therapeutic areas or interventions which reflect the research interests of our world-class researchers and with the ambitions of the Norwich Research Park.
It includes research in the following areas:
• Cardiovascular and respiratory medicine
• Musculo-skeletal, exercise, physiotherapy
• Nutrition and Gastroenterology
• Mental Health
This unit receives National Institute for Health Research CTU Support Funding. This funding has been awarded to support the unit in developing and supporting NIHR trials.
Norwich CTU holds full UKCRC Registration (51)
Norwich CTU is an accredited BHF CTU